Some people swear that by simply massaging the temple area, the headache will disappear. Massaging the scalp area and pulling on the hair with some force and then releasing it may also help.
Home Remedies for Headache:
- Apply a paste of freshly ground clay or freshly ground sandalwood to the forehead, let dry, rub off by hand and wash.
- When not suffering from a cold, drink a teaspoon of honey in a glass of warm water or fill the stomach completely with water. This is one of the effective home remedies for headache.
- Tension Headaches, now the simplest way and usually the most effective is just to take an aspirin, however, there are natural treatments that may help you. Placing a warm pad on the back of your head or you can try taking a warm shower or bath. Also if you can reduce your stress you\'ll suffer less from the pain of a tension headache.
- Apples are valuable in curing all types of headaches. After removing the upper rind and the inner hard portion of a ripe apple, it should be taken with a little salt every morning on an empty stomach in such cases. This should be continued for about a week.
- One of the good home remedies for headache is salt consumption. If the migraine is in the starting stages, a snack of Fritos corn chips, fries covered with large amounts of salt or any other very salty food will calm the attack. Sometimes this calm before the storm is the end, sometimes it is not. However, this calm period does provide you with time to prepare the frozen towel treatment.
- Massage:This you can even do yourself: rotate your fingers over your scalp. Put pressure on the webbed part of your hand between your finger and thumb (really). Also great for migraine, believe it or not, is foot massage. Massage is a skill that may change your life.
- Use an ointment with heat(for example Ben-Gay or Icy Hot) and rub it on your forehead or base of your neck, wherever it hurts. It will burn slightly and give a warm feeling to your head.
- Make a herbal tea with 10-15 holy basil leaves (tulsi), 5-6 peppercorns and 1/2" ginger piece, powder. Keep in an air tight bottle. Take 2 pinches with warm water when a headache starts. This is one of the effective home remedies for headache.
- Apply an ice pack to the painful area of your head. Try placing it on your forehead, temples or the back of your neck. Take a warm bath or shower; take a nap; or take a walk.
- Breathing exercises are a known cure for headaches. Taking very deep breaths and then exhaling slowly may help. The correct breathing exercises will have your stomach moving more than your chest.
- Adopt a well-balanced diet consisting of seeds, nuts, grains, vegetables and fruits. Include milk, yoghurt, buttermilk, vegetable oils, and honey.
- All fruit diet for a couple of days each month can keep your body cleansed as a migraine therapy.